Nutrition is important at every age. Your children need proper nutrients to stay healthy and strong and grow up healthy and strong. Nutrition for children can also help establish a foundation for healthy eating habits and nutritional knowledge that your child can apply throughout life. Nutrition is the study of food and how it works in your body. Nutrition includes all the stuff that's in your food, such as vitamins, protein, fat, and more. It's important to eat a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, dairy products, and grains, so you have what you need to grow and be healthy.
How can I make my child healthy?
Eating better (for children and families)
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast.
- Let kids help plan and prepare 1 meal each week.
- Eat together as a family as often as possible.
- Take time eating, and chew slowly.
- Eat more vegetables and fresh fruits.
- Eat more whole grains.
- Drink plenty of fluids.